Saturday, May 11, 2013

Reasons Why My Mom is Pretty Cool

^ She really makes an effort to understand all my interests and to grow close to my friends. She also has a great appreciation for classic American literature. Nobody understands Jazz Age disillusionment quite like Cindi.


^ She never sweats the small stuff or the tiny details. Who cares about the correct names of celebrities or who won any war ever? Accurate spelling is also pretty irrelevant when you're busy being a great mom.


^ She gently reminds me to stand up for myself, and to be true to myself at all costs

^She accepts me for who I am, with all my flaws and my mean-spirited sense of humor.




^ She's always there when I need her: no excuses. She would never abandon me for upwards of 35 minutes in a strange dental office that only plays Barefoot Contessa reruns. 


^ She never nags me about being single. Instead, she send me sweet, reassuring texts on Valentine's Day or other days when I might be feeling lonely.

^ Lastly, I love my mom because she really does go through a lot and no one truly understands her struggle. Except for maybe Three 6 Mafia, they probably get it.


Happy Mother's Day to the original gangster, 
a woman once quoted as saying she puts "the sin in Cindi",
my mom.












No comments:

Post a Comment